HV DAC series
TEST AND DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM FOR HV CABLES
- Highly adeptabel, compact, and transportable; permits use on difficult to reach switchgear and substations
- High testable capacity of 8 μF allowing testing of long cables
- State of the art PD measurement technology: live evaluation, localisation, and results display
- Available in 200 kV and 300 kV models; other voltage levels on request
- Multifunctional: cable withstand testing and PD diagnosis in a single system
- Allows a monitored commissioning test accurate to IEC 60840 and IEEE 400.4
The HV DAC series of test and diagnostic systems are designed for after-laying testing on newly installed high voltage (HV) cables as part of quality control, and for condition assessment on repaired or service-aged HV cables. There two models available in the series, the 200 kV for testing cables rated up to 132 kV and the 300 kV for testing cables rated up to 230 kV.
The key benefit of this test set is its compactness versus testable capacity. With this transportable unit, you can test cables with lengths up to 32 km. In addition, it is easy and quick to set up in a substation; no more roadblocks needed, compared to using resonance test sets on large trucks. Due to this short set-up time, it is possible to quickly respond to changing weather conditions. Because of its low weight, there are no special requirements needed for road conditions. Air transport is also no problem, keeping transport times to a minimum and maximising the efficiency for use of the system.
The test set incorporates a partial discharge (PD) detector, allowing you to monitor the quality of workmanship and the condition of the cable. The state-of-the-art PD measurement system also has live evaluation, localisation, and results display.
Maintenance activities can be directly planned during the actual measurement and all data is stored in a powerful cable database, where it can be easily accessed and reports printed.