UNIVERSAL CIRCUIT BREAKER TEST SETS
- Model DDA-1 digital data acquisition instrumentation and control system
- High current output: 60 000 A for model DDA-6000; 35 000 A for model DDA-3000
- Digital signal processing (DSP) technology
- Variable pulse time and firing angle output current control
- Compliant with NEMA AB-4 test guidelines
The DDA-3000 and DDA-6000 universal circuit breaker test sets are designed specifically to test low voltage power and molded-case circuit breakers equipped with thermal, magnetic, or solid-state trip devices. Universal in application, the test sets will test virtually all low voltage, molded-case, and metal-clad, direct-acting AC circuit breakers and are fully compliant with NEMA AB-4 test guidelines.
The unique transformer and circuit design results in a high capacity test set in a very compact size. Advanced digital control and instrumentation provides you with the exact testing capacity. The test sets can also be used for other high current applications, such as verifying the ratio of current transformers and performing heat runs or primary injection testing of high voltage breakers and their associated protective relays.
The DDA-3000 and DDA-6000 perform their tests by simulating an overload or fault condition. Each test set is an integrated test system that provides a variable, high current output, incorporating all control circuitry and instrumentation necessary to test direct-acting circuit breakers accurately, efficiently, and safely. All DDA-3000 and DDA-6000 test sets have identical features, instrumentation, and operational characteristics. The only changes in the specifications between the units are their size, weight, and maximum output-current capacity:
- Model DDA-3000 is rated for testing breakers up to 3000 amperes
- Model DDA-6000 is rated for testing breakers up to 6000 amperes